Man charged in DUI crash
July 15, 2013 (OAK PARK, Ill.) -- A man has been charged with reckless homicide in a hit- and-run death in Oak Park over the weekend.
Authorities say 21-year-old Michael Campbell of Bellwood had a blood alcohol level more than double the legal limit. He was also charged with aggravated DUI and other infractions.
Christopher Swordy, 22, of Oak Park, was killed early Saturday morning. He and two friends were crossing Harlem at Jackson when he was hit. His friends were not injured.
Police stopped Campbell's car about a block north of the accident scene.
- East Harlem investigators seeking clues in basement
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn 33 min ago
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit 52 min ago
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million