Judge gives Johnny Borizov 3 life sentences for 2010 Darien triple murder
July 15, 2013 (DARIEN, Ill.) -- Johnny Borizov, the man found guilty in connection with the 2010 murders of three members of a suburban Darien family, was sentenced to three life sentences Monday.
A judge imposed the sentence on Johnny Borizov after emotional victim impact statements were read. Angela Kramer delivered her impact statement late Monday at the sentencing of her former boyfriend, Borizov.
Borizov was convicted of hiring his friend, 25-year-old Jacob Nodarse, to kill the family of his ex-girlfriend. Nodarse was convicted of fatally shooting Jeffrey and Lori Kramer and their son, Michael, in March 2010. Daughter Angela Kramer escaped the deadly rampage in March 2010 by hiding in a closet, eventually escaping to call 911. Borizov has a son with Angela Kramer and was in a bitter custody battle at the time of the murders.
"I can still have flashbacks of myself hiding in my closet, so scared and fearful, and not knowing whether or not I will be killed, as I hear my family screaming for their lives right outside my door. Broken glass, pops and screams, leaving three special and important people in my life dead," said Angela Kramer in her victim impact statement.
Members of both the Kramer and Borizov families were in the court Monday as the judge handed down the sentence.
"This is not the first or last time in our broken system an innocent man will be sent to prison, but I'll have to believe for the day when he's back in my arms," said Christina Borizov, Johnny Borizov's mother.
Nodarse will be sentenced in August.
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey 53 min ago
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos