Fox & Obel closed by health code violations
July 15, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Health code violations have shut down Fox & Obel, one of Chicago's original gourmet grocery stores.
Streeterville's Fox & Obel grocery on the 400-block of East Illinois is closed Monday night after Department of Public Health inspectors found fruit flies and cockroaches in the store's main food preparation area.
It's not clear when the store might reopen.
- Bronx fire leaves 2 dead, 3 firefighters hurt 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
47 min ago