Method facility to bring 100 jobs to Chicago's Pullman neighborhood
July 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Method home products will open the company's first ever U.S. manufacturing facility in Chicago's historic Pullman neighborhood.
The facility will bring around 100 jobs to Chicago's South Side. Method, which makes naturally derived, biodegradable personal care and cleaning products, is expected to begin construction later this year. In 2012, Method became the world's largest green cleaning company in 2012 after its acquisition by Ecover. The company is going to seek LEED certification for the Chicago building, which will be designed to be an environmentally friendly facility. "I am thrilled Method has chosen the Pullman neighborhood for their new facility," said 9th ward Alderman Anthony Beale. "Pullman is currently undergoing a process of restoration; Method's arrival will certainly continue the neighborhood's revival, spurring economic growth as their facility becomes an engine of development and a community attraction." Method is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco, Calif. methodhome.com.
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide