Michelle Obama visit to call attention to Chicago program
July 16, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- First lady Michelle Obama will be in Chicago Thursday to call attention to a program for underserved high school students.
Mrs. Obama will join Mayor Rahm Emanuel and his wife, Amy Rule, in a visit to the program called Urban Alliance Chicago.
It provides the students with professional development through training, mentors and paid internships.
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust'
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon