Time running out for $1-million Powerball winner
RYE (WABC) -- The person holding a Powerball ticket worth $1 million has just one month to claim the prize!
The ticket for the August 25, 2012 drawing was sold at Playland Market, 488 Forest Avenue in Rye, Westchester County.
"We are urging players to check their tickets because someone has a $1 million winning Powerball ticket that will expire on August 25," said Gardner Gurney, Acting Director of the Division of the Lottery. "We're hopeful the lucky winner has already signed the ticket and is making plans to claim it before it's too late."
The winning numbers from the August 25, 2012 Powerball drawing were 1 - 6 - 7 - 20 - 49 Powerball 23.
Prizes can be claimed up to a year after the drawing, which means the lucky winner has one month remaining to collect the $1 million Lottery prize.
Lottery officials recommend that the ticket holder sign the back of the ticket and contact them immediately.
The winner may claim the ticket at any one of the Lottery's seven Customer Service Centers statewide, including Fishkill.
Click here to learn how to redeem a prize.
As is always the case, in the event the prize is not claimed by August 25, the prize money will be returned to the prize pool for future winners. It is sometimes used to subsidize prizes for large jackpots, promotions and/or special one-time games.
Multi-State Lottery Association: http://www.powerball.com
lottery, powerball, local news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen