Child drowns at Governor's Club
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- A boy who was rescued from a pool on Monday passed away in the hospital Wednesday.
The 6-year-old boy was rescued from the pool Monday and was in critical condition at UNC Hospital until he passed away Wednesday, according to the Chatham County Sheriff's Office.
Officials have not released the child's name.
The Chatham County Health Department Within conducted an inspection of the pool and verified that all safety equipment was in place. The Health Department said it has completed its onsite investigation.
chatham county, local/state
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
- Wake for one of high school sweethearts killed in crash
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem missing
- Prospect Park Zoo welcomes two new Zebus
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds 45 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos