Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in Kearny
TRENTON, N.J. -- New Jersey lottery officials say a Mega Millions ticket that's worth $19 million was sold at a sub shop in northern New Jersey.
But the ticket holder has not yet claimed their prize.
Carole Hedinger, the state lottery's executive director, says the sole winning ticket for Friday's drawing was sold at the Dollar Subs in Kearny. The retailer will earn a $30,000 bonus for selling the winning ticket, which matched the five winning numbers and the Mega Ball.
The winning numbers were 4, 22, 23, 27 and 38. The Gold Mega Ball was 42.
Besides the big winner, lottery officials say two other tickets sold in New Jersey matched four numbers and the Mega Ball. Those tickets are worth $10,000 each.
Tuesday's Mega Millions jackpot is $12 million.
You can watch the Mega Millions drawing Tuesdays and Fridays on Channel 7, right before Eyewitness News at 11.
mega millions, lottery, local news
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 28 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 13 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City 39 min ago
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest 41 min ago
- L train signal problems in Brooklyn
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
13 min ago