Carjacking suspects arrested in Brownsville
CONROE, TX -- Conroe police have arrested two people accused of carjacking an 80-year-old man at gunpoint Thursday morning.
It happened around 8:30am at a superstore in the 1400 block of North Loop 336 West.
Detectives immediately connected the carjacking to the robbery of a 70-year-old woman on Monday in the 2900 block of Interstate 45 and were able to identify an accomplice's vehicle. Further investigation led authorities to track the suspect, along with the stolen vehicle, in Brownsville.
The Brownsville Police Department was contacted, and officers from that agency caught the suspects, who've been identified as 33-year-old Christopher Mathison and 23-year-old Terran Gunter.
Both are currently being held in Brownsville on charges of theft. Mathison is also charged with felon in possession of a firearm.
Investigators believe Mathison and Gunter are involved in several robberies/car thefts along Interstate 45 and expect more charges to be filed against the duo.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 20 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 31 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 42 min ago
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
20 min ago