Carjacking suspects arrested in Brownsville
CONROE, TX -- Conroe police have arrested two people accused of carjacking an 80-year-old man at gunpoint Thursday morning.
It happened around 8:30am at a superstore in the 1400 block of North Loop 336 West.
Detectives immediately connected the carjacking to the robbery of a 70-year-old woman on Monday in the 2900 block of Interstate 45 and were able to identify an accomplice's vehicle. Further investigation led authorities to track the suspect, along with the stolen vehicle, in Brownsville.
The Brownsville Police Department was contacted, and officers from that agency caught the suspects, who've been identified as 33-year-old Christopher Mathison and 23-year-old Terran Gunter.
Both are currently being held in Brownsville on charges of theft. Mathison is also charged with felon in possession of a firearm.
Investigators believe Mathison and Gunter are involved in several robberies/car thefts along Interstate 45 and expect more charges to be filed against the duo.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster