New Jersey man claims share of $448M Powerball jackpot
TRENTON -- Lottery officials say a New Jersey man has claimed the final share of this month's $448 million Powerball jackpot.
Mario Scarnici held one of the three winning tickets sold for the Aug. 7 drawing. Lottery officials say the South Brunswick man chose the cash option and will get about $62 million after taxes.
Scarnici bought his winning ticket at a South Brunswick supermarket.
Lottery officials said Scarnici recently claimed his prize, but further details were not disclosed. A telephone number for Scarnici could not be located Saturday afternoon.
Another winning ticket for the drawing was held by a group of 16 Ocean County vehicle maintenance employees, while the third was held by a suburban Minneapolis man.
Multi-State Lottery Association: http://www.powerball.com
lottery, powerball, local news
- At least 2 dead, 28 hurt in East Harlem explosion 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 47 min ago
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East... 37 min ago
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect... 47 min ago
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem 52 min ago
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15... 53 min ago
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion... 53 min ago
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination