New Jersey man claims share of $448M Powerball jackpot
TRENTON -- Lottery officials say a New Jersey man has claimed the final share of this month's $448 million Powerball jackpot.
Mario Scarnici held one of the three winning tickets sold for the Aug. 7 drawing. Lottery officials say the South Brunswick man chose the cash option and will get about $62 million after taxes.
Scarnici bought his winning ticket at a South Brunswick supermarket.
Lottery officials said Scarnici recently claimed his prize, but further details were not disclosed. A telephone number for Scarnici could not be located Saturday afternoon.
Another winning ticket for the drawing was held by a group of 16 Ocean County vehicle maintenance employees, while the third was held by a suburban Minneapolis man.
Multi-State Lottery Association: http://www.powerball.com
lottery, powerball, local news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 1 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate 47 min ago
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong 44 min ago
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win