Alleged Louis Vuitton backpack thief posted Facebook pics
August 26, 2013 (ELGIN, Ill.) -- A northwest suburban man is charged with felony robbery and theft after he allegedly posted a picture of himself on Facebook holding a stolen Louis Vuitton backpack.
Malcolm Williams, 19, was also identified from video taken during the robbery August 4. The victim told police several men dragged him behind an Elgin gas station and took his backpack.
The victim was able to give police the men's license plate number. And he later identified his backpack in the picture on Williams' Facebook page.
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall