Arrest in University of Delaware basketball court shooting
NEWARK, Del. - August 28, 2013 -- A man from Delaware has been arrested for allegedly firing a gun during a fight on the University of Delaware campus in Newark.
Surveillance video helped investigators identify 20-year=old Brandon Fletcher.
Authorities say Fletcher got into an argument with another man on a campus basketball court at approximately 10:55 p.m. on August 19th.
The incident ended when he fired his gun.
No one was injured.
Fletcher was charged with four counts of first degree reckless endangering, four counts of aggravated menacing, possession of a firearm during commission of a felony, possession of a firearm by a person prohibited and criminal mischief.
He was committed to Howard R. Young Correctional Facility in lieu of $1.4 million cash bail. He also was issued a no contact order with the University and an unconditional trespass warning.
Police also arrested Fletcher's friends, 21-year-old Antonio Cox and 21-year-old Antonio McCray-Bradley for allegedly hindering the investigation.
delaware news, newark, university of delaware, shooting, local/state
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 5 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 41 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite 16 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
5 min ago