Advocate Health Medical patients file class action suit over medical records theft
September 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A class action lawsuit is filed on behalf of Chicago-area patients whose personal information was stored on four stolen computers.
The lead plaintiffs are a mother and her daughter.
But their attorneys say millions of patients of Advocate Medical Group were affected by the security breach.
Advocate Medical Group notified patients last month that burglars stole four computers from its administrative offices in Park Ridge in July.
An Advocate Health spokeswoman says there's no indication the stolen information has been misused.
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 90-minute delays after LIRR service suspension 40 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 1 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians 43 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
1 min ago