Advocate Health Medical patients file class action suit over medical records theft
September 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A class action lawsuit is filed on behalf of Chicago-area patients whose personal information was stored on four stolen computers.
The lead plaintiffs are a mother and her daughter.
But their attorneys say millions of patients of Advocate Medical Group were affected by the security breach.
Advocate Medical Group notified patients last month that burglars stole four computers from its administrative offices in Park Ridge in July.
An Advocate Health spokeswoman says there's no indication the stolen information has been misused.
- Gunman dead in shooting at Colorado high school 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday 22 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- New York City issues snow alert 16 min ago
- Man in custody after incident at Chelsea school 3 min ago
- Baruch College student died from head injuries, coroner says
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport 8 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email 8 min ago
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday
22 min ago