Witnesses take stand in Eugene Mullins corruption trial
September 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- More witnesses for the prosecution took the stand Tuesday in the corruption trial of Eugene Mullins.
The former aide to Todd Stroger is charged in a kickback scheme involving government contracts.
Federal authorities say Mullins accepted thousands of dollars while he was working for the former Cook County Board president. In exchange, he steered government contracts to acquaintances.
Mullins denies the charges.
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon 15 min ago
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements 15 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on 59 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 6 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 49 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 6 min ago
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together 38 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
6 min ago
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions...
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos