No tax hike for DuPage residents
September 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- DuPage County property owners will not see a tax increase this year.The proposed county budget would keep the tax levy flat at $66.6 million.
Revenue estimates are positive, which means an increase was not necessary.
The County Board Chairman says county government, "must live within its means."
The Board has until the end of November to approve the budget.
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 59 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
59 min ago