No tax hike for DuPage residents
September 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- DuPage County property owners will not see a tax increase this year.The proposed county budget would keep the tax levy flat at $66.6 million.
Revenue estimates are positive, which means an increase was not necessary.
The County Board Chairman says county government, "must live within its means."
The Board has until the end of November to approve the budget.
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players 17 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- LI counterfeit health and beauty products ring busted 6 min ago
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay 28 min ago
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos