Military family given mortgage-free home in Bolingbrook
September 12, 2013 (BOLINGBROOK, Ill.) -- There was a big surprise for a military family on Thursday. James Wallace, his wife and son have a new home in Bolingbrook, and they don't have a mortgage.
NASCAR legend Richard Petty was in on the surprise, giving the family the keys to the house.
Wallace is a marine who served two tours in Afghanistan. Eckrich worked with Operation Homefront to get the family a home.
Petty says it's a way to thank Wallace for his service. Wallace calls it, "Amazing."
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey