LaSalle County sheriff denies illegal strip-search allegations
October 10, 2013 -- The LaSalle County Sheriff is denying allegations that officers strip-searched a woman following a DUI arrest.
Dana Holmes filed a lawsuit against the department over what she calls an improper strip search following her arrest last May.
The incident was caught on the department's surveillance cameras.
The LaSalle County Sheriff says the accusations are false and have resulted in death threats against some of its officers.
On Thursday, the department says she was not strip-searched and left naked in a cell.
The statement says Holmes was placed in a padded cell so would calm down after twice kicking at a female officer.
And that after her clothes were removed, she was promptly provided with a tear-proof suit.
The sheriff also says Holmes was not thrown to the ground, but taken down in in a controlled manner with no injuries.
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 14 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 25 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 36 min ago
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
14 min ago