Delaware woman fights to keep pet pig
NEW CASTLE, Del. - November 7, 2013 -- A New Castle woman is fighting to keep her pet pig after her home owners association said the pig has to go.
Charlie the Vietnamese pot-bellied pig weighs over 200 pounds and lives with Cheryl Pipkin.
Two years ago, the pig was given as gift to Cheryl's granddaughter who lives in the home.
Pipkin says she's allergic to fur and a pig is the only pet she can have.
Recently, Pipkin got a letter from the Mallard Point Maintenance Corporation saying that the pig was in violation to the development's rules, which prohibits having farm animals.
Action News left a message for Mallard Point Maintenance Corporation but has not received a call back.
animals, delaware news, local/state
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help 27 min ago
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade