Cops: Man stun-guns wife over Bears-Packers game
November 6, 2013 (MAYVILLE, Wis.) -- Police in Wisconsin say a Chicago Bears-Green Bay Packers rivalry between a south suburban Tinley Park couple ended with the husband facing felony charges after he allegedly used a stun gun on his wife.
John Grant is charged with possessing an electric weapon. Grant and his wife were at a bar in Mayville, Wisconsin, Monday night to watch the football game.
Grant says they made a bet that he could use the stun gun on her if the Bears won. A criminal complaint says the two were outside smoking when Grant used the stun gun twice on his wife's backside and on her thigh.
Grant's wife says she never gave permission for him to use a stun gun on her.
Bartender Chris Neu heard the husband-wife challenge
"They had a bet, between the two of them. The loser was supposed to get Tased by the winner," Neu said. "She kind of laughed it off. She agreed to the whole thing. They videotaped it and everything else."
The victim called police after she was shocked.
"It's one of those things where, you just can't make this stuff up," said Mayville's police chief Christopher MacNeill. "The Taser he had was a skin contact Taser, where if you use it enough times, it can leave burn marks."
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- School bus overturns in Brooklyn; 5 hurt 1 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 30 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 13 min ago
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 33 min ago
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins 34 min ago
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
4 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
13 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
34 min ago