LaSalle Co. Sheriff sued by 4 more people over alleged illegal strip-searches
November 7, 2013 -- Four more people are now suing LaSalle County for being allegedly being illegally strip searched.
This comes after Dana Holmes claimed she was illegally strip searched after a DUI arrest in May. She's has already filed a lawsuit.
The LaSalle County Sheriff denies that Holmes was strip searched.
The department says deputies believed she tried to kick them while in custody.
Terry Ekl, who is an attorney for the plaintiffs, says all of them were stripped naked and forced to use a hole in their padded cell floor as their toilet.
"Tremendous human indignities occurred to all four of these people. Regardless of what the LaSalle County authorities are trying to peddle, they were stripping people who they felt needed discipline or were not being compliant with their instructions," said Terry Ekl, attorney.
ABC7 Eyewitness News was unable to reach the LaSalle's Sheriff's Department for a comment.
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls 5 min ago
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying 14 min ago
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run 44 min ago
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 35 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
35 min ago