LaSalle Co. Sheriff sued by 4 more people over alleged illegal strip-searches
November 7, 2013 -- Four more people are now suing LaSalle County for being allegedly being illegally strip searched.
This comes after Dana Holmes claimed she was illegally strip searched after a DUI arrest in May. She's has already filed a lawsuit.
The LaSalle County Sheriff denies that Holmes was strip searched.
The department says deputies believed she tried to kick them while in custody.
Terry Ekl, who is an attorney for the plaintiffs, says all of them were stripped naked and forced to use a hole in their padded cell floor as their toilet.
"Tremendous human indignities occurred to all four of these people. Regardless of what the LaSalle County authorities are trying to peddle, they were stripping people who they felt needed discipline or were not being compliant with their instructions," said Terry Ekl, attorney.
ABC7 Eyewitness News was unable to reach the LaSalle's Sheriff's Department for a comment.
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 27 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens 24 min ago
- Jet stowaway spent hours undetected before flight
- NYC among 15 cities being considered for 2016 DNC 44 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Photos: A look back at the 1964 World's Fair
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos