LaSalle Co. Sheriff sued by 4 more people over alleged illegal strip-searches
November 7, 2013 -- Four more people are now suing LaSalle County for being allegedly being illegally strip searched.
This comes after Dana Holmes claimed she was illegally strip searched after a DUI arrest in May. She's has already filed a lawsuit.
The LaSalle County Sheriff denies that Holmes was strip searched.
The department says deputies believed she tried to kick them while in custody.
Terry Ekl, who is an attorney for the plaintiffs, says all of them were stripped naked and forced to use a hole in their padded cell floor as their toilet.
"Tremendous human indignities occurred to all four of these people. Regardless of what the LaSalle County authorities are trying to peddle, they were stripping people who they felt needed discipline or were not being compliant with their instructions," said Terry Ekl, attorney.
ABC7 Eyewitness News was unable to reach the LaSalle's Sheriff's Department for a comment.
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos