7 Things to know: Michael Strahan
NEW YORK (WABC) -- 1) Michael Strahan was born in Houston, Texas, but spent a good portion of his childhood in Germany, where his father, Gene was an Army major.
2) Strahan is the youngest of six children.
3) In spring 1993, Strahan was selected 40th overall in the NFL draft by the Giants.
4) Is the Giants' record holder with 141.5 career sacks, and established the new NFL record in 2001 with 22.5 sacks.
5) Retired from the NFL in June 2008 after winning Super Bowl XLII with the Giants a few months earlier.
6) There was a time when Strahan thought about closing the gap in between his teeth, but then realized that his smile is part of who he is.
7) In addition to hosting television shows, Strahan also acted. In 2009, he starred in a sitcom called "Brothers,"
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 16 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 40 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 37 min ago
- Missing jet drastically veered off course 34 min ago
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
16 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
37 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos