No winner in Powerball; jackpot climbs to $400 million
NEW YORK (WABC) -- No one matched all the numbers in Saturday night's Powerball drawing, so the jackpot has now soared to $400 million.
The numbers were: 9 - 23 - 2 - 14 - 21 with a Powerball number 3.
The jackpot's cash prize now stands at $227 million.
Meanwhiile, no one won the grand prize in Friday night's Mega Millions drawing, so that jackpot is now up to $154 million.
Both prizes could climb even higher as ticket sales surge before the next drawings.
Powerball is played in 43 states, Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The odds of matching all six numbers in the game are 1 in about 175 million, according to statistics of the nonprofit Multi-State Lottery Association whose members offer one or more of the association's games.
You can watch the Powerball drawing every Wednesday and Saturday night during Eyewitness News at 11 p.m. The Mega Millions numbers are drawn every Tuesday and Friday.
Multi-State Lottery Association: http://www.powerball.com
lottery, powerball, local news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ