Winters sworn in to replace expelled Smith
September 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Residents of the 10th Illinois House District have a new representative in Springfield as Eddie Winters was sworn in Sunday to fill the post.
Winters is a Chicago Police officer who was appointed to fill the vacancy left by the former representative Derrick Smith.
The legislature expelled Smith last month.
Smith was accused of accepting a bribe to help a fictitious day care operator get a state grant.
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery 42 min ago
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms 39 min ago
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 17 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital