Mount Baldy closed indefinitely, under investigation
July 16, 2013 -- Mount Baldy in the Indiana dunes will remain closed indefinitely as investigators try to figure out what caused a mysterious cavern in the sand that swallowed a six-year-old boy last Friday.
One theory is that the sand condition was caused by a decomposed tree.
Park officials believe the rest of the dunes are safe.
lake michigan, indiana news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 29 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 49 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 47 min ago
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment 22 min ago
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos