Mount Baldy closed indefinitely, under investigation
July 16, 2013 -- Mount Baldy in the Indiana dunes will remain closed indefinitely as investigators try to figure out what caused a mysterious cavern in the sand that swallowed a six-year-old boy last Friday.
One theory is that the sand condition was caused by a decomposed tree.
Park officials believe the rest of the dunes are safe.
lake michigan, indiana news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom 32 min ago
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college 32 min ago
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines 22 min ago
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
58 min ago