Long Island News
Fire breaks out at Roosevelt Field Mall
GARDEN CITY (WABC) -- A fire led to the evacuation of the Roosevelt Field Mall in Garden City Wednesday evening.
The flames broke out in the elevator room next to a truck tunnel where deliveries are brought to the mall at around 6:45pm.
It was very smoky on the bottom two levels of the mall, and the building was evacuated.
No one was injured, but the mall was forced to close a couple of hours early.
Mall personnel expect the mall to be open Thursday.
The Board of Health will inspect the food in the mall to make sure it has not been contaminated.
The sprinklers and fire alarms will also all be reset.
Normal weekday business hours are 10 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
fire, evacuation, nassau county, long island news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos