Long Island News
Car crashes head-on into ambulance on LI
VALLEY STREAM, N.Y. (WABC) -- A car that had just left the scene of one accident crashed head-on into an ambulance, police said.
The ambulance was transporting a victim to the hospital when the accident happened at 6:54 p.m. on Franklin Avenue in Valley Stream.
Police said the car had gotten into another accident on Franklin Avenue near Corona Avenue in Franklin Square.
After leaving that scene, the driver headed southbound on Franklin until crashing into the ambulance near Emerson Place in Valley Stream.
No one was seriously injured in either accident.
The victim in the ambulance was being transported from an assisted living facility to Franklin General Hospital.
Police arrested the driver of the car at the scene. Charges were pending.
accident, long island, nassau county, valley stream, long island news
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia