Long Island News
Officials find bedbugs and close LI public library
HUNTINGTON, New York -- Bedbugs have been found at a public library on Long Island, and officials closed it for the weekend.
An announcement on the Huntington Public Library website Friday said the facility would remain closed until Tuesday morning for cleaning.
Infestations by the tiny reddish-brown critters have become increasingly common. Bedbugs have been spotted in hotels and apartment buildings nationwide, and at landmarks like the Empire State Building and Lincoln Center in New York City.
Library officials said a branch in nearby Huntington Station would remain open for business since no bedbugs were found there.
long island, bed bug, long island news
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- Man fatally shot in head in West Village
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed
- Body found in woods ID'd as missing student Alyssiah Wiley
- Stunning video catches Oregon pot robbery
- Video: Aimee Copeland gets prosthetic hands
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos