Long Island News
Officials find bedbugs and close LI public library
HUNTINGTON, New York -- Bedbugs have been found at a public library on Long Island, and officials closed it for the weekend.
An announcement on the Huntington Public Library website Friday said the facility would remain closed until Tuesday morning for cleaning.
Infestations by the tiny reddish-brown critters have become increasingly common. Bedbugs have been spotted in hotels and apartment buildings nationwide, and at landmarks like the Empire State Building and Lincoln Center in New York City.
Library officials said a branch in nearby Huntington Station would remain open for business since no bedbugs were found there.
long island, bed bug, long island news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming 42 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults 28 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos