Long Island News
Officials find bedbugs and close LI public library
HUNTINGTON, New York -- Bedbugs have been found at a public library on Long Island, and officials closed it for the weekend.
An announcement on the Huntington Public Library website Friday said the facility would remain closed until Tuesday morning for cleaning.
Infestations by the tiny reddish-brown critters have become increasingly common. Bedbugs have been spotted in hotels and apartment buildings nationwide, and at landmarks like the Empire State Building and Lincoln Center in New York City.
Library officials said a branch in nearby Huntington Station would remain open for business since no bedbugs were found there.
long island, bed bug, long island news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 18 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 16 min ago
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 16 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
17 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
16 min ago