Long Island News
Suspect in Dave & Busters stabbing pleads not guilty
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- An attorney plans a psychiatric defense for a New York man accused of repeatedly stabbing an 8-year-old boy playing video games at a restaurant arcade.
Evan Sachs pleaded not guilty Friday to charges of attempted murder, assault and weapons possession.
Sachs was arrested in October after he allegedly attacked and nearly killed the boy at a Dave and Busters in Westbury.
The boy, who has not been identified, has since recovered.
Police say Sachs, a 23-year-old movie theater usher, had been stalking potential victims at area malls. He was arrested moments after the stabbing.
Attorney Eric Sachs, who is not related to the defendant, says his client was being treated for a psychiatric disorder when the stabbing occurred.
Evan Sachs is being held without bail. He is due back in court Dec. 7.
long island, stabbing, child injured, long island news
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 27 min ago
- Paterson fire guts 3 buildings, displaces families
- 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners recalled
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 41 min ago
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show 18 min ago
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos