Long Island News
Suspect in Dave & Busters stabbing pleads not guilty
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- An attorney plans a psychiatric defense for a New York man accused of repeatedly stabbing an 8-year-old boy playing video games at a restaurant arcade.
Evan Sachs pleaded not guilty Friday to charges of attempted murder, assault and weapons possession.
Sachs was arrested in October after he allegedly attacked and nearly killed the boy at a Dave and Busters in Westbury.
The boy, who has not been identified, has since recovered.
Police say Sachs, a 23-year-old movie theater usher, had been stalking potential victims at area malls. He was arrested moments after the stabbing.
Attorney Eric Sachs, who is not related to the defendant, says his client was being treated for a psychiatric disorder when the stabbing occurred.
Evan Sachs is being held without bail. He is due back in court Dec. 7.
long island, stabbing, child injured, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees