Long Island News
6 arrested in Woodbury home invasion, robbery
WOODBURY, NY (WABC) -- Six men are under arrest for a terrifying home invasion and armed robbery in Nassau County.
It happened Friday afternoon at a home on Orchard Drive in Woodbury.
A 26-year-old woman answered her doorbell ringing to find a man holding a bouquet of flowers.
When she opened the door, one of the suspects pointed a gun at her and forced her to lie on the floor in the hallway.
Three other men, one armed with a gun and another with a taser, got out of a nearby van and entered the home.
One of the men demanded jewelry and money from a 61-year-old woman.
She was led to an upstairs bedroom where she was duct taped around her wrists and ankles.
An 18-year-old woman, who was also at home at the time, locked herself inside.
Officers quickly arrived and saw the suspects running out of the home. They got their hands on $103,000 in jewelry and about $5,000 in cash. But since the suspects were caught minutes later, the family got everything back.
23-year-old Michael Mohammed, 31-year-old Randolph Chase, and 32-year-old Glen Campbell were arrested on the grounds of the Woodbury Country Club shortly after the robbery.
Following an investigation, police later arrested 24-year-old Goutan Persaud, 29-year-old Aadam Yusuf, and 27-year-old Jose Fuertes.
All six men are now facing charges of Robbery 1st Degree, Burglary 1st Degree, Criminal Use of a Firearm 1st Degree and Conspiracy 4th Degree.
They will be arraigned in Hempstead on Sunday.
Two vehicles, a 2000 Honda van and a 2008 Mercedes-Benz, used by the defendants were impounded.
The investigation is continuing.
long island, woodbury, arrest, home invasion, robbery, long island news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery 49 min ago
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms 46 min ago
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 24 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital