Long Island News
1 teen dead, 2 injured in Central Islip shooting
CENTRAL ISLIP, NY (WABC) -- A 17-year-old boy was shot and killed and two of his friends were injured at a birthday party in Suffolk County.
It happened on Ackerman Avenue in Central Islip around 1:30 a.m. Sunday.
Police say 17-year-old Eugene Smith of Brooklyn, 19-year-old Luigi Casimir of Brentwood and 24-year-old Drew Watson of Central Islip were all standing outside the home when they were shot.
Smith was shot in the back and was taken to Southside Hospital in Bay Shore, where he was pronounced dead.
Casimir and Watson were also taken to Southside Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
So far, police have not made any arrests.
If you have any information you are asked to call the Homicide Squad at (631) 852-6392, or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
long island, child death, shooting, central islip, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 3 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced 39 min ago
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating 27 min ago
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss 44 min ago
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code 52 min ago
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos