Long Island News
Two more wrong way DWI arrests on Long Island
SHIRLEY, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have arrested two drivers in separate incidents for allegedly driving drunk the wrong way on major highways.
The arrests are the fourth and fifth incidents of wrong-way driving in a month. Unlike the other incidents, however, neither arrest early Thursday involved accidents or injuries.
The first arrest involved a driver on the Long Island Expressway who was chased for several miles before being stopped in East Yaphank just after midnight.
About an hour later, another driver was stopped on Sunrise Highway in Shirley.
An off-duty NYPD officer was killed in a wrong-way crash on the Northern State Parkway on Nov. 15. A day later, a woman was arrested on the LIE going the wrong way. Last Friday, a college administator crashed eluding a highway roadblock.
long island, long island expressway, drunk driving, wrong way driver, long island news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend 55 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos