Long Island News
Two elderly women hit in deadly accident
NEW HYDE PARK, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island say a 75-year-old woman has died and an 80-year-old woman was injured when they were struck by an SUV while crossing a street in New Hyde Park.
Police say the two elderly woman were hit just before 6:30 p.m. Friday on Jericho Turnpike.
The 75-year-old suffered serious head trauma and was rushed to Winthrop University Hospital where she died. The other woman suffered a broken femur and was hospitalized.
Police say the 18-year-old driver's SUV was impounded for brake and safety inspections. No criminality is suspected.
Police did not release the victim's names.
accident, long island, new hyde park, long island news
- At least 2 dead, 18 hurt in East Harlem explosion 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 6 min ago
- Metro-North service changes due to East Harlem explosion 38 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 42 min ago
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase 42 min ago