Long Island News
Two elderly women hit in deadly accident
NEW HYDE PARK, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island say a 75-year-old woman has died and an 80-year-old woman was injured when they were struck by an SUV while crossing a street in New Hyde Park.
Police say the two elderly woman were hit just before 6:30 p.m. Friday on Jericho Turnpike.
The 75-year-old suffered serious head trauma and was rushed to Winthrop University Hospital where she died. The other woman suffered a broken femur and was hospitalized.
Police say the 18-year-old driver's SUV was impounded for brake and safety inspections. No criminality is suspected.
Police did not release the victim's names.
accident, long island, new hyde park, long island news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes 38 min ago
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
2 min ago