Long Island News
Two elderly women hit in deadly accident
NEW HYDE PARK, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island say a 75-year-old woman has died and an 80-year-old woman was injured when they were struck by an SUV while crossing a street in New Hyde Park.
Police say the two elderly woman were hit just before 6:30 p.m. Friday on Jericho Turnpike.
The 75-year-old suffered serious head trauma and was rushed to Winthrop University Hospital where she died. The other woman suffered a broken femur and was hospitalized.
Police say the 18-year-old driver's SUV was impounded for brake and safety inspections. No criminality is suspected.
Police did not release the victim's names.
accident, long island, new hyde park, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
8 min ago