Long Island News
FBI profilers assisting in Gilgo Beach bodies case
BABYLON, N.Y. (WABC) -- FBI profilers are now advising Suffolk County detectives on how to track down a serial killer.
The remains of four dead women were found dumped along Ocean Parkway in Gilgo Beach.
Forensic psychologist Dr. Daniel Kremin says profilers will help police narrow down the field of suspects.
Kremin says the profiler will become especially relevant once one or more of the four women have been identified to see what they have in common and who they have in common.
Each body was 15 feet from the road and a clear distance of 500 feet from each other.
"The person may have compulsive tendencies. Perfect in life and perfect in committing crime," Kremin said.
The bodies were also covered in burlap.
Kremin says it's what police aren't saying that could be the most telling.
long island, gilgo beach, body found, crime, investigation, fbi, long island news, lauren defranco
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Child, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 8 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos