Long Island News
FBI profilers assisting in Gilgo Beach bodies case
BABYLON, N.Y. (WABC) -- FBI profilers are now advising Suffolk County detectives on how to track down a serial killer.
The remains of four dead women were found dumped along Ocean Parkway in Gilgo Beach.
Forensic psychologist Dr. Daniel Kremin says profilers will help police narrow down the field of suspects.
Kremin says the profiler will become especially relevant once one or more of the four women have been identified to see what they have in common and who they have in common.
Each body was 15 feet from the road and a clear distance of 500 feet from each other.
"The person may have compulsive tendencies. Perfect in life and perfect in committing crime," Kremin said.
The bodies were also covered in burlap.
Kremin says it's what police aren't saying that could be the most telling.
long island, gilgo beach, body found, crime, investigation, fbi, long island news, lauren defranco
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos