Long Island News
LI man shoots grandson with shotgun during dispute
BELLPORT (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing assasult charges after he allegedly shot his grandson during a dispute in Bellport early Thursday.
Suffolk County police arrested 70-year-old Joseph Grucci after they say he fired a shotgun at 20-year-old Christopher Giresi around 3 a.m.
When police arrived, Grucci told them he had a dispute with his grandson and had shot him.
Giresi was rushed to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue, where he underwent surgery. He suffered injuries to his torso and arm and was listed in stable condition.
Grucci is charged with first-degree assault.
long island, shooting, bellport, long island news
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees tied up, Car parts stolen in Elizabeth
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- Ferry captain arrested in South Korea after deadly accident
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured
- Sea Isle fire destroys 3 beachfront homes
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault 43 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Yonkers family outraged after dog mauled by pit bull
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby...
18 min ago