Long Island News
LI man shoots grandson with shotgun during dispute
BELLPORT (WABC) -- A Long Island man is facing assasult charges after he allegedly shot his grandson during a dispute in Bellport early Thursday.
Suffolk County police arrested 70-year-old Joseph Grucci after they say he fired a shotgun at 20-year-old Christopher Giresi around 3 a.m.
When police arrived, Grucci told them he had a dispute with his grandson and had shot him.
Giresi was rushed to Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center in East Patchogue, where he underwent surgery. He suffered injuries to his torso and arm and was listed in stable condition.
Grucci is charged with first-degree assault.
long island, shooting, bellport, long island news
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem 5 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 17 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage