Long Island News
High school student dies in Westbury crash
WESTBURY, N.Y. (WABC) -- A teenager lost his life and three other people suffered injuries in a nasty collision in Westbury.
Nassau County police say one of the cars carrying three teenage boys broadsided the other vehicle, driven by a woman.
The accident happened at the intersection of Salisbury Road and Bowling Green Drive in Westbury just after 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Police say the force of the collision ejected the driver, 17-year-old Francesco Posillico, from the car and knocked down a utility pole and wires. Poscillico later died at the hospital.
The teens attended nearby W.T. Clarke High School.
One of the boys was in stable condition in the intensive care unit. The injuries of one of the other teens were immediately known.
The 24-year-old female driver of the SUV suffered minor injuries.
The crash is under investigation.
accident, long island, westbury, teen, teenager, long island news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 26 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 10 min ago
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 9 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 7 min ago
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 26 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
26 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
7 min ago