Long Island News
High school student dies in Westbury crash
WESTBURY, N.Y. (WABC) -- A teenager lost his life and three other people suffered injuries in a nasty collision in Westbury.
Nassau County police say one of the cars carrying three teenage boys broadsided the other vehicle, driven by a woman.
The accident happened at the intersection of Salisbury Road and Bowling Green Drive in Westbury just after 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Police say the force of the collision ejected the driver, 17-year-old Francesco Posillico, from the car and knocked down a utility pole and wires. Poscillico later died at the hospital.
The teens attended nearby W.T. Clarke High School.
One of the boys was in stable condition in the intensive care unit. The injuries of one of the other teens were immediately known.
The 24-year-old female driver of the SUV suffered minor injuries.
The crash is under investigation.
accident, long island, westbury, teen, teenager, long island news
- American Meb Keflezighi wins Boston Marathon 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 22 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 5 kids being questioned in Central Park robberies, assault 11 min ago
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 25 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos