Long Island News
High school student dies in Westbury crash
WESTBURY, N.Y. (WABC) -- A teenager lost his life and three other people suffered injuries in a nasty collision in Westbury.
Nassau County police say one of the cars carrying three teenage boys broadsided the other vehicle, driven by a woman.
The accident happened at the intersection of Salisbury Road and Bowling Green Drive in Westbury just after 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Police say the force of the collision ejected the driver, 17-year-old Francesco Posillico, from the car and knocked down a utility pole and wires. Poscillico later died at the hospital.
The teens attended nearby W.T. Clarke High School.
One of the boys was in stable condition in the intensive care unit. The injuries of one of the other teens were immediately known.
The 24-year-old female driver of the SUV suffered minor injuries.
The crash is under investigation.
accident, long island, westbury, teen, teenager, long island news
- 3 critical after fire tears through Brooklyn home 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 16 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique 5 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated 10 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn 18 min ago
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident