Long Island News
Carbon monoxide scare at LI nursing home
HEMPSTEAD, NY (WABC) -- A carbon monoxide scare at a nursing home on Long Island forced seniors out in the cold.
Some residents of General Macarthur Senior Village in Hempstead were wheeled out into the sub-freezing air early Saturday morning.
That's when a carbon monoxide alarm went off.
Five residents were taken to Nassau County Medical Center as a precaution.
Police say a leak in the facility's heating system set off the alarm.
No one was injured and that leak is now fixed.
long island, hempstead, carbon monoxide, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 18 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baby it's cold outside!
- Charges expected in fraternity death 28 min ago
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing 47 min ago
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Charges expected in fraternity death
28 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
18 min ago