Long Island News
Man tries to break into teen's bedroom window
KING POINT, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island are investigating a frightening home invasion attempt.
New surveillance video captured the burglary suspect casing out a home in Kings Point.
It happened in the early morning hours Wednesday at a home on Gay Drive.
Police say a 17-year-old girl was home at the time and heard a strange noise outside.
"She told her mother and police responded," said Kevin Smith of the Nassau County Police Department.
Police showed up looking for the burglar and noticed a set of footprints.
They followed the tracks and were literally on the heels of catching the guy.
Officers cordoned off the area, but lost his scent on Steamboat Road.
"We think he slipped into a house, somehow he gets away," Smith said.
People who live here Kings Point are even more stressed out after this latest burglary attempt.
It comes after the revelation that the suspect behind several break-ins is also a dangerous sexual predator wanted for raping a 2-year-old girl in Laredo, Texas.
He was also seen on surveillance video at a Home Depot with a victim he viciously assaulted with a hammer in Hempstead.
Police have stepped up area patrols, and say they are looking for a Hispanic man who goes by the name of Marvin, and is believed to be a day laborer.
Residents are growing more impatient by the minute.
"I have to lock my doors, I have girls, they have to do something," a Kings Point resident said.
long island, home invasion, long island news, lauren defranco
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia