Long Island News
LIRR platform smoking ban gaining steam in Albany
ALBANY (WABC) -- Smokers who light up while waiting for the Long Island Rail Road may soon have to go through more trouble to get their fix.
A new bill gaining support in the New York State Assembly seeks to ban smoking on outdoor LIRR platforms.
The measure also targets Metro-North.
The proposal would ban smoking in all ticketing, boarding and waiting areas.
long island, long island railroad, smoking, long island news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos