Long Island News
Soldier from Long Island killed in Afghanistan
WASHINGTON (WABC) -- A soldier from Long Island has been killed in Afghanistan.
The Pentagon says Sergeant First Class Anthony Venetz, JR., died on Friday from injuries he suffered in a non-combat incident.
The 30-year-old grew up in Wading River and was assigned to a battalion based in Fort Bragg.
He is survived by his wife and two children.
long island, afghanistan, afghanistan war, long island news
- Actor James Gandolfini dead at 51 4 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years 33 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013 42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos