Long Island News
Soldier from Long Island killed in Afghanistan
WASHINGTON (WABC) -- A soldier from Long Island has been killed in Afghanistan.
The Pentagon says Sergeant First Class Anthony Venetz, JR., died on Friday from injuries he suffered in a non-combat incident.
The 30-year-old grew up in Wading River and was assigned to a battalion based in Fort Bragg.
He is survived by his wife and two children.
long island, afghanistan, afghanistan war, long island news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos