Long Island News
Nassau police officer funeral plans
NASSAU COUNTY (WABC) -- New details about funeral services for the Long Island police officer killed during a traffic stop.
A wake will be held for Michael Califano, 44, at the Massapequa Funeral Home on Tuesday and Wednesday.
His funeral will be held at Maria Regina Roman Catholic Church in Seaford on Thursday.
Officer Califano died when a flat bed truck struck his patrol car on the Long Island Expressway in Old Westbury Friday night.
Police say Califano had pulled a vehicle over near exit 39 and was sitting in his car with his lights blinking when it was struck from behind.
He had been on the force for 12 years.
The driver of the truck was identified as John Kaley, 25, of New Britain, Connecticut.
He is charged with criminally negligent homicide and is being held without bail.
long island, nassau county, long island expressway, officer killed, long island news
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case 24 min ago
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion 19 min ago
- Yonkers family jumps from window to escape fire
- Photos: 4 injured in Yonkers fire
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen
- Black ice warnings as bitter cold sets in
- Police ID suspect in theft of 1-year old's earrings
- Mega Millions jackpot grows to $400 Million 57 min ago
- FDA pushes to get antibiotics out of meat
- LI pet store thief wanted for stealing puppy
- Interpreter at Mandela ceremony called a 'fake'