Long Island News
Nassau police officer funeral plans
NASSAU COUNTY (WABC) -- New details about funeral services for the Long Island police officer killed during a traffic stop.
A wake will be held for Michael Califano, 44, at the Massapequa Funeral Home on Tuesday and Wednesday.
His funeral will be held at Maria Regina Roman Catholic Church in Seaford on Thursday.
Officer Califano died when a flat bed truck struck his patrol car on the Long Island Expressway in Old Westbury Friday night.
Police say Califano had pulled a vehicle over near exit 39 and was sitting in his car with his lights blinking when it was struck from behind.
He had been on the force for 12 years.
The driver of the truck was identified as John Kaley, 25, of New Britain, Connecticut.
He is charged with criminally negligent homicide and is being held without bail.
long island, nassau county, long island expressway, officer killed, long island news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow for some 16 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos