Long Island News
Lawyer wants bail reduced in Dave & Busters stabbing
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- There are new developments Tuesday surrounding the case of a stabbing at a Dave and Buster's on Long Island.
The attorney of 23-year-old Evan Sachs, who allegedly stabbed an 8-year-old boy last October, will ask that his client's bail be lowered.
It is currently set at $1 million, but the lawyer wants it dropped to $75,000.
Police say Sachs repeatedly stabbed the boy at the restaurant in Westbury.
The victim survived, and Sachs is charged with attempted murder.
long island, westbury, stabbing, long island news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather 35 min ago
- Man accused of DWI with 6-year old daughter in car 45 min ago
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash 26 min ago
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse