Long Island News
Lawyer wants bail reduced in Dave & Busters stabbing
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- There are new developments Tuesday surrounding the case of a stabbing at a Dave and Buster's on Long Island.
The attorney of 23-year-old Evan Sachs, who allegedly stabbed an 8-year-old boy last October, will ask that his client's bail be lowered.
It is currently set at $1 million, but the lawyer wants it dropped to $75,000.
Police say Sachs repeatedly stabbed the boy at the restaurant in Westbury.
The victim survived, and Sachs is charged with attempted murder.
long island, westbury, stabbing, long island news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield 29 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Up Close with Diana Williams