Long Island News
Lawyer wants bail reduced in Dave & Busters stabbing
LONG ISLAND (WABC) -- There are new developments Tuesday surrounding the case of a stabbing at a Dave and Buster's on Long Island.
The attorney of 23-year-old Evan Sachs, who allegedly stabbed an 8-year-old boy last October, will ask that his client's bail be lowered.
It is currently set at $1 million, but the lawyer wants it dropped to $75,000.
Police say Sachs repeatedly stabbed the boy at the restaurant in Westbury.
The victim survived, and Sachs is charged with attempted murder.
long island, westbury, stabbing, long island news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City 5 min ago
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 52 min ago
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow 45 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice 3 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips 10 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims 38 min ago
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
52 min ago