Long Island News
Homeless man arrested for impersonating police
MASTIC, NY (WABC) -- Police on Long Island arrest a homeless man for impersonating a cop after they say he claimed to be one, to some real detectives.
Suffolk County police say Derek Diskin, 41, went up to a vehicle with the detectives inside on Montauk Highway in Mastic and acted in the threatening manner on Friday night.
After the detectives identified themselves, they say Diskin claimed he was also an officer, and showed a gold badge.
Diskin faces charges including criminal impersonation, resisting arrest and weapon possession.
long island, police impersonation, mastic, long island news
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Boy Scouts to accept openly gay boys as Scouts 16 min ago
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- Suspect in custody in Queens bus shooting
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident
- The New DNA fingerprint: Cell phones
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday 19 min ago
- 'Nathan's' flagship finally reopens after Sandy
- Photographer chronicles wife's breast cancer battle
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem...
19 min ago