Long Island News
Homeless man arrested for impersonating police
MASTIC, NY (WABC) -- Police on Long Island arrest a homeless man for impersonating a cop after they say he claimed to be one, to some real detectives.
Suffolk County police say Derek Diskin, 41, went up to a vehicle with the detectives inside on Montauk Highway in Mastic and acted in the threatening manner on Friday night.
After the detectives identified themselves, they say Diskin claimed he was also an officer, and showed a gold badge.
Diskin faces charges including criminal impersonation, resisting arrest and weapon possession.
long island, police impersonation, mastic, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ