Long Island News
Homeless man arrested for impersonating police
MASTIC, NY (WABC) -- Police on Long Island arrest a homeless man for impersonating a cop after they say he claimed to be one, to some real detectives.
Suffolk County police say Derek Diskin, 41, went up to a vehicle with the detectives inside on Montauk Highway in Mastic and acted in the threatening manner on Friday night.
After the detectives identified themselves, they say Diskin claimed he was also an officer, and showed a gold badge.
Diskin faces charges including criminal impersonation, resisting arrest and weapon possession.
long island, police impersonation, mastic, long island news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 27 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos