Long Island News
Triple fatal crash on Southern State Parkway
ROOSEVELT, N.Y. (WABC) -- Three men were killed when their car crashed on the eastbound side of the Southern State Parkway Sunday morning.
It happened at Nassau Road at Exit 21 around 5 a.m.
The 2006 Saturn Ion went off the roadway, struck a bridge embankment and caught fire.
An uninvolved motorist and good samaritan stopped and helped a State Trooper to free the passenger from the backseat.
The vehicle became fully engulfed in flames with the driver and front seat passenger trapped inside.
The driver, Brendon McRae, 24, of Roosevelt, and Stanley Sagesse, 23, of Hempstead, were pronounced dead at the scene.
The backseat passenger, Naquan Bell, 21, of Floral Park, was rushed to Nassau University Medical Center where he later died.
Two of the victims worked at Winthrop University Hospital.
The hospital released this statement:
"The news about the tragic accident this morning was devastating to the staff of Winthrop University Hospital. The Winthrop team works very closely and is much like a large family. The heartfelt condolences of our administration, medical and nursing staff and Friends and colleagues of Brendon McRae and Stanley Sagesse along with our prayers are extended to Brendan and Stanley's families."
We spoke to mister Sagesse's father on Sunday. He said the family is devastated and asked for privacy.
long island, accident, long island news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 9 min ago
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings 10 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014