Long Island News
Long Island police chase ends with violent crash
DEER PARK (WABC) -- A violent car crash brought an end to a high-speed police chase on Long Island early Thursday morning.
The suspect, identified as 22-year-old Calvin Felder, slammed into an SUV in Deer Park just after 1 a.m.
A passenger in the car, 22-year-old Mark Smith, was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Felder and the driver of the SUV, 39-year-old William Keyser, both suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
The chase started when police tried to pull over the suspect in Bay Shore.
The driver is under arrest, charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs and unlawfully fleeing a police officer.
long island, bay shore, police chase, deer park, long island news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor...
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 41 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 49 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
10 min ago