Long Island News
Long Island police chase ends with violent crash
DEER PARK (WABC) -- A violent car crash brought an end to a high-speed police chase on Long Island early Thursday morning.
The suspect, identified as 22-year-old Calvin Felder, slammed into an SUV in Deer Park just after 1 a.m.
A passenger in the car, 22-year-old Mark Smith, was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Felder and the driver of the SUV, 39-year-old William Keyser, both suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
The chase started when police tried to pull over the suspect in Bay Shore.
The driver is under arrest, charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs and unlawfully fleeing a police officer.
long island, bay shore, police chase, deer park, long island news
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing 49 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos