Long Island News
Police: LI elderly couple killed by carbon monoxide
GARDEN CITY (WABC) -- Investigators believe an elderly couple found dead in their Long Island home were killed by carbon monoxide.
Joseph and Catherine Hayes, both in their 80s, were discovered dead Thursday afternoon in separate upstairs bedrooms at their Garden City home.
Their garage was filled with exhaust fumes from a car, which police think was left running accidentally.
It is believed carbon monoxide fumes filled the home, poisoning the couple.
long island, garden city, carbon monoxide, long island news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos