Long Island News
Expensive artwork stolen from Hamptons socialite
SOUTHAMPTON (WABC) -- An empty mansion in Southampton became a crime scene after burglars stole paintings worth more than a quarter of a million dollars.
Police say more than a dozen paintings vanished from the $12 million home of lawyer and socialite Joanne "Jo" Davis Hallingby.
She inherited it from her late husband, billionaire Paul Hallingby, Jr., who helped develop the Javits Center in Manhattan.
A reward up to $5,000 is being offered.
Anyone with information should call police.
long island, southampton, theft, long island news
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92 55 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing...
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos