Long Island News
Expensive artwork stolen from Hamptons socialite
SOUTHAMPTON (WABC) -- An empty mansion in Southampton became a crime scene after burglars stole paintings worth more than a quarter of a million dollars.
Police say more than a dozen paintings vanished from the $12 million home of lawyer and socialite Joanne "Jo" Davis Hallingby.
She inherited it from her late husband, billionaire Paul Hallingby, Jr., who helped develop the Javits Center in Manhattan.
A reward up to $5,000 is being offered.
Anyone with information should call police.
long island, southampton, theft, long island news
- Snowstorm moves into New York area
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos 13 min ago
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures 13 min ago
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- NJ Transit trains back on schedule after earlier delays 56 min ago
- Snow coming down in New York City 1 min ago
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 10 min ago
- Snow falling on Long Island
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela at memorial
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Driver killed in Queens after crashing into storefront 27 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Snow coming down in New York City
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos