Long Island News
Deadly DWI in Central Islip
CENTRAL ISLIP, NY (WABC) -- Drunk driving charges against a man on Long Island who police say crashed his car then fled the scene as one of his passengers was dying.
Police say Jaime Grijalva, 28, of Bay Shore was driving drunk when he lost control and hit a utility pole on Joshua's Path in Central Islip.
Teodoro Albino, 22, also of Bay Shore died at the scene.
Grijalva will be arraigned Sunday on charges of driving while intoxicated and leaving the scene of a personal injury accident.
long island, central islip, drunk driving, long island news
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded 7 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute 59 min ago
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later 18 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary 51 min ago