Long Island News
LI man arrested for DWI under Leandra's Law
HUNTINGTON STATION (WABC) -- A Huntington, Long Island, man was arrested for allegedly driving while intoxicated with his 21-month-old daughter in the car Sunday night.
Police say Milton Vasquez was driving a 1998 Nissan Altima eastbound on Pulaski Road in Huntington Station at approximately 11:05 p.m. when he was pulled over for driving erratically. Upon interviewing Vasquez, the officer determined he was intoxicated and placed him under arrest. Vasquez's daughter, who was a passenger in the vehicle at that time, was unharmed.
Vasquez, 27, is charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child, a felony under Leandra's Law, as well as endangering the welfare of a child.
Do you have something to add to this story? Click here to contact Eyewitness News.
long island, huntington, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 30 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos