Long Island News
LI man arrested for DWI under Leandra's Law
HUNTINGTON STATION (WABC) -- A Huntington, Long Island, man was arrested for allegedly driving while intoxicated with his 21-month-old daughter in the car Sunday night.
Police say Milton Vasquez was driving a 1998 Nissan Altima eastbound on Pulaski Road in Huntington Station at approximately 11:05 p.m. when he was pulled over for driving erratically. Upon interviewing Vasquez, the officer determined he was intoxicated and placed him under arrest. Vasquez's daughter, who was a passenger in the vehicle at that time, was unharmed.
Vasquez, 27, is charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child, a felony under Leandra's Law, as well as endangering the welfare of a child.
Do you have something to add to this story? Click here to contact Eyewitness News.
long island, huntington, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ