Long Island News
LI man arrested for DWI under Leandra's Law
HUNTINGTON STATION (WABC) -- A Huntington, Long Island, man was arrested for allegedly driving while intoxicated with his 21-month-old daughter in the car Sunday night.
Police say Milton Vasquez was driving a 1998 Nissan Altima eastbound on Pulaski Road in Huntington Station at approximately 11:05 p.m. when he was pulled over for driving erratically. Upon interviewing Vasquez, the officer determined he was intoxicated and placed him under arrest. Vasquez's daughter, who was a passenger in the vehicle at that time, was unharmed.
Vasquez, 27, is charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child, a felony under Leandra's Law, as well as endangering the welfare of a child.
Do you have something to add to this story? Click here to contact Eyewitness News.
long island, huntington, drunk driving, leandra's law, long island news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 10 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- Metro-North to require sleep apnea evaluation
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos