Long Island News
Teen charged with stabbing another teen on LI
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have charged a 14-year-old boy in the stabbing of another teenager.
The 15-year-old victim is in the hospital in serious but stable condition.
Nassau County police say Floyd McNeil Jr. of Hempstead was arrested Tuesday night.
He was charged as an adult with attempted murder, assault and possession of a dangerous weapon.
He was ordered held on $150,000 bail at his arraignment Wednesday. He was represented by an attorney from Legal Aid, which does not comment on pending cases.
Police say the stabbing occurred around 3 p.m. Monday in a parking lot in Hempstead. They say the victim was surrounded by a large group of people, one of whom stabbed him in the abdomen.
The motive was not immediately known.
long island, hempstead, nassau county, stabbing, crime, long island news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 41 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion 37 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 12 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
41 min ago