Long Island News
Teen charged with stabbing another teen on LI
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (WABC) -- Police on Long Island have charged a 14-year-old boy in the stabbing of another teenager.
The 15-year-old victim is in the hospital in serious but stable condition.
Nassau County police say Floyd McNeil Jr. of Hempstead was arrested Tuesday night.
He was charged as an adult with attempted murder, assault and possession of a dangerous weapon.
He was ordered held on $150,000 bail at his arraignment Wednesday. He was represented by an attorney from Legal Aid, which does not comment on pending cases.
Police say the stabbing occurred around 3 p.m. Monday in a parking lot in Hempstead. They say the victim was surrounded by a large group of people, one of whom stabbed him in the abdomen.
The motive was not immediately known.
long island, hempstead, nassau county, stabbing, crime, long island news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt 30 min ago
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village 43 min ago
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos