Long Island News
Police seek West Islip bank robber
WEST ISLIP (WABC) -- Suffolk County police are trying to catch a bank robber.
The bandit held up a TD Bank branch in West Islip on Wednesday.
The man entered the bank at 485 Montauk Highway, and showed one of the tellers a note at noon demanding money. The teller complied with the demands and the man fled on foot.
He was described as white, approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall to 5 feet 11 inches tall with a medium build and in his mid 20s. He was wearing a dark, hooded sweatshirt, dark-colored pants, and dark sneakers with white laces.
Detectives are asking anyone with anyone with information to call anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-220-TIPS.
All calls will be kept confidential.
long island, suffolk county, west islip, bank robbery, crime, long island news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 29 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos